Developing a website involves a good design. It enhances the experience of the user and people visit your website to see attractive designs. It will help your organization as viewers will spend more time on your website. Choosing a WordPress theme or Custom web design for your website is an important thing.
WordPress has gained a lot of popularity in recent times and people want to develop websites using WordPress. Approximately, 172 million active websites are there in today’s scenario. Among them, 75 million websites are on WordPress. Isn’t it huge?
This makes WordPress popular and well known. Before choosing a WordPress theme or a custom web theme, you need to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both. This blog is intended to focus on giving clarity and understanding to the readers on the same.
Why use WordPress Design?
Many factors lay an impact on the design of any website. Some of the parameters are user performance, site speed, and more. The design is the fundamental thing for a website. It is because people get attracted by a good design and your website visits will also increase.
People will enjoy and trust will also be built if you have a great design for your website. This engages your viewers and thus audience also increases. WordPress gives you two primary options for website design: using a custom design or using a theme. Let’s take a glance at the benefits and disadvantages of both.
Advantages and Disadvantages of WordPress Themes
- WordPress themes provide a cost-effective approach. Due to this, it can be used by every business.
- WordPress theme customization is a great idea for your website. Mostly, all the WordPress themes are customizable. It means you can modify the font, size, layout, colors, text, and much more.
- WordPress themes need no coding skills and other designing capabilities.
- WordPress theme installation is much faster when compared to others.
- WordPress themes provide SEO solutions and a variety of SEO plugins.
- WordPress themes are easy to scale and an individual can add new content and pages with much more flexibility.
- Paid WordPress themes provide long-term support and that too without paying any extra penny. It means that updates will be done automatically.
- Many of the WordPress themes are complex and have certain limitations.
- Initial support is essential for building a WordPress website. Therefore, you need to hire WordPress developers who are well-versed with customization and other functionalities.
Advantages and Disadvantages of WordPress Custom Designs
- Custom designs are created based on your requirements. They have great functionality and other powerful features.
- WordPress custom designs cannot be copied which means they will be unique.
- During the design process, extra support is required.
- Custom designs are expensive and may sometime go beyond the budget.
- They are time-consuming as it takes a longer time to create the custom themes.
- There is limited support provided in creating custom designs for WordPress.
Therefore, now it must be clear as to which theme will suit your purpose. It depends on various factors such as affordability, accessibility, and speed. Along with these features, there are other parameters as well that needs to be considered. It includes customizations, designs, robustness, and more that will define your website’s success.
We hope this blog has given you an understanding of which is a better option for you between WordPress theme and Custom web design. Therefore, it is essential to know the benefits and drawbacks of both.
When you are doing a business, you need WordPress theme customization. For that, you need to hire WordPress developers who are efficient and knowledgeable. You need to find answers to the following questions before making a decision.
- What are other competitors using?
- What unique value or message must your product give?
- What are the different engagement elements of the website?
- What elements will drive more traffic and conversions?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.Should I create a custom WordPress theme?
Fortunately, creating a custom theme for WordPress is a relatively straightforward process. It also doesn’t require much technical knowledge or experience with web development. Plus, building your own theme can be well worth the effort since you can get your site looking and operating just right.
Q2.What is the difference between custom themes and normal themes?
Custom-built websites are like making cookies from scratch. All of the code is custom built (as the name implies). Theme websites, on the other hand, are like making cookies from a Betty Crocker Mix (or Ghirardelli if you’re fancy). Themes are packages of website code that someone has already built for you.
Q3.What is the best WordPress theme?
Ans3.That being said, let’s take a look at the best WordPress multipurpose themes that you can use to build your website.
Astra. Astra is among the most popular and fastest-loading WordPress multipurposethemes.
Q4.How do you make a WordPress theme and sell it?
Ans 4.How to Sell WordPress Themes
Step 1: Choose a Niche and Design Your Theme.
Step 2: Develop Your Theme Using Responsive Design Principles.
Step 3: Follow the WordPress Coding Best Practices.
Step 4: Include Appropriate Theme Templates.
Step 5: Create a User-Friendly Theme Options Page.
Step 6: Create Clear Theme Documentation.