Over the years, WordPress has earned a well-deserved reputation for being one of the best e-commerce development platforms. 2018 is going to be an eventful year for the platform as it marks the 15th year of its inception. At the same time, the all new WordPress 5.0 is going to be unveiled this year and this is going to be a major release after the WordPress 4 version came in 2014. The new version has numerous updates that are poised to mark a new beginning for e-commerce.
Here Are Some Trends That Are Going To Influence WordPress Development in 2018:
1. Microinteractions Will Enhance The UX:- Most WordPress sites will adopt the micro-interaction trend to enhance the user experience. These are the small interactions between the website elements that go a long way in improving the user experience. Micvrointeractive elements may vary from icons that get animated when hovered over to animated check marks that are seen after form submission. The entire idea of these interactions is to attract the users as well as to keep them engaged long enough to drive conversions.
2. VR Will Become Mainstream:- The virtual reality technology already a huge trend and WordPress development will embrace it too in the coming year. The platform has a variety of plugins that facilitate the integration of VR and AR technologies into the web designs. Additionally, it fully supports VR-content and 360° videos and images, making it a perfect VR partner.
3. Minimalism Will Gain Preference:- Minimalism will be preferred when it comes to website designs of the future as users detest too many elements. So only the ones that are useful will remain and there will be no place for redundant ones. Designers will focus on minimalist details along with the use of plenty of white or negative space. They will also emphasize ease of use of the elements and readability of the content.
4. Dual Tone Designs Will Be Popular:- Another trend that will make it big this year will be that of dual-tone designs. The monochromatic trend will be replaced by duotone designs, with designers being keen on experimenting with colors. They will be using somber and elegant color scheme instead of a bold and bright one.
5. Specialist E-commerce Themes Will Be Used For E-commerce Stores:- WordPress will reinforce its position as the most preferred e-commerce platform with the specialist e-commerce themes and plugins it offers. For instance, a regular website can be easily transformed into a fully-functional e-commerce store with a simple WooCommerce Integration. Similarly, an e-commerce theme can be used for diverse purposes such as designing interactive product pages, integrating the right payment gateways, and more.
6. Parallax Scrolling Will Be in Trend:- As a design element, parallax scrolling is gaining precedence because it gives the website a distinctly responsive look and feel. Also, it makes the site more interactive and ensures depth. WordPress will be embracing this trend as it is capable of boosting user interaction and engagement.
7. Video Headers Will Take Center Stage:- The inclusion of video content in online websites is a smart way of engaging the users and building brands, and websites are already capitalizing on this idea. The trend will take the center stage in 2018 with the majority of WordPress sites availing the powerful themes that feature video headers.
8. Drag and Drop Function Will Ease The Development Process:- WordPress is a developer-friendly platform that comes with drag and drop themes such as Foundry, BeTheme, and Uplift to facilitate content editing and designing. The use of these themes will increase as WordPress developers can use them for customizing the websites without having to write even a single line of code.
9. Images Will Be Used in Abundance:- 2018 will witness an abundant use of images in website designs as they will gain precedence over the text. Moreover, designers will be focusing on contextual images to add value to the look and feel of the website, rather than just filling the gaps. The idea is to use visuals for storytelling and make them powerful engagement aids.
10. Animated Elements Will Be Tweaked:- Animated elements will come across some major changes as the current design techniques will be replaced with more complex ones in the future. Slow animation and animated micro-interactions are some ways that designers will experiment with these elements.
Conclusion:- With 2018 being just around the corner, it is the right time to adopt these upcoming trends for your WordPress website. Joining hands with an expert is the best way to do so. WordPress India is a leading PSD To WordPress Conversion Company that offers a full range of services for diverse business requirements. Get in touch to hire expert WordPress developers for your next project.