Speed is the factor that matters the most when it comes to delivering a refined user experience on your e-commerce store. Online shoppers expect instant gratification and will not settle for anything lesser. Besides elevating the bounce rate, slow speed can lead to lower conversions and high cart abandonment rates. If you are planning to invest in WooCommerce Store Development, speed should be the first thing on your mind. Conversely, those already having a running site on this platform need to ensure that it loads super fast.
First Things First: Measure The Loading Speed of Your Site:- Now that you are aware of the criticality of speed for e-commerce conversion, the next obvious step is to identify the problem and then address it if it exists. Does a speed issue actually exist? If so, what could be the probable reason? You will need to take a website speed test to analyze how fast or slow the store is loading and to identify the possible bottlenecks leading to poor performance.
There are several tools that offer reliable analysis. Google PageSpeed Insights, for instance, provides the real-world performance of a page for desktop and mobile devices and gives recommendations on its optimization as well. GTmetrix is another tool that offers a more in-depth analysis of the site’s performance. Pingdom, Load Impact, and Show Slow are some other performance assessment tools that can be useful. You can Hire WordPress Developer to identify and leverage a tool that works according to your needs.
Speed issues: Effective Measures To Address Them:- Once you verify that a problem actually exists, it is time to take action to rectify them. If your WooCommerce is struggling with speed, here are a few tips that can help.
1. Avail Quality Hosting Services:- The hosting of your WooCommerce-Speed-Issues store is the foundation that handles the entire traffic and data. The use of low-quality hosting is something that can cause performance issues and make it unable to handle the traffic and growth. If you want to remove these bottlenecks, prioritize high-quality hosting service for the WooCommerce store. While you choose one, consider factors such as your store’s size, traffic volumes, goals, and budget. A quality hosting provider offers features such as top-notch cloud infrastructures, high uptime, 24/7 Technical Support, flexibility, and scalability to align with the future growth of your business.
2. Compress The Product Images:- Another reason for performance issues with your site could be the use of large image files. Images make up for almost 50% of the page load time. This issue can be effectively dealt with by optimizing and compressing the product images. This can either be done manually with Photoshop or with a specialized WordPress Plug-In Development for image optimization. While you compress the images, ensure that its quality is not compromised in any way. Imagify, WP Smush, and ShortPixel are some of the recommended plugins that you can use for this purpose.
3. Use a Quality Cache Plugin:- Caching is another step that merchants must take to speed up their stores easily and affordable. Essentially, a caching plugin enables the creation and storing of a static version of the store so that this cached version of the product pages is rendered at a super fast speed when a customer returns to shop again. While using a caching plugin for the WooCommerce store, exclude the Cart, My Account, and Checkout pages from the cache. In addition to these pages, elements like cart widgets should be dynamic as these display customer-specific information. Also, pay extra attention to the optimization of these pages and elements as these are not to be cached but play a crucial role in conversions.
4. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN):- Another useful tip for keeping your WooCommerce store’s performance at the highest level is by using a Content Delivery Network (CDN). It streamlines the delivery and distribution of pages and content irrespective of the geographical locations of the users and servers. CDNs store a copy of the static content of the website on servers across the globe. When a customer visits your web store, their browser accesses its copy from a server that is geographically closest to them at a fast speed and within a minimal time span.
5. Clean The Database:- An e-commerce site usually has a heavy database, comprising website content and transactional data. While the site content contains elements such as product pages, category pages, and content pages, transactional data is generated on the basis of transactions of the customers. Owing to the volume and complexity of the database, the website may become slower in terms of server response time. Cleaning up your database is the best approach to improve the page loading speed and unloading a considerable space for your store.
6. Disable the AJAX Cart Fragments Feature:- AJAX Cart Fragments is a script which uses Admin-Ajax to update the shopping cart total automatically without requiring the customer to refresh the page. Even though it simplifies the shopping experience, the feature can slow down the performance of the website to a considerable extent. The best way out is to disable this feature, which should definitely be done if there is the number of AJAX requests on your site is high.
7. Keep Your Store Up-to-Date:- Make sure that you run the latest and updated versions of WordPress, WooCommerce and the entire extensions that are used your store. Every single release of WooCommerce adds improvements to the platform and not moving on to them has you missing out on the performance improvements that the latest versions offer. Additionally, they also protect your store against security threats and vulnerabilities as well.
Conclusion:- Going an extra mile to improve your WooCommerce store’s performance is a good move as it enables you to enhance user experiences and conversions. Together, these factors can influence your business growth in a positive manner. So you should make all the efforts in this direction. Partnering with a professional WooCommerce Integration Services is the best approach because they can handle this well with their skills and expertise. WordPress India is a name that you can trust for the best services and solutions for your WooCommerce store. Discuss your problems and we will have the right solution for you.