WordPress is a renowned CMS that offers freedom of building website having different functionalities whether blogging, informative to a large E-commerce site. When you decided to build a WordPress based e-commerce site and convert it into a high selling platform, you have to select an WordPress e-commerce plugin wisely. Here in this blog post a list of widely used plugins are mentioned that you can definitely opt for:
It is a free plugin that boost your store to sell anything and everything. This top-rated plugin is the first choice of over 40% of all online sellers. This plugin is managed by Automattic. Besides, WooCommerce integration they have a huge community, always ready to assist.
• A startup store doesn’t have to spend any money on WooCommerce. Even the themes and plugins aren’t that expensive to start an online store.
• Its association with Automattic with huge community of developers support, it’s not going anywhere and plenty of updates will be released into the future.
2. WP e-commerce
This plugin was released a few years back but its importance can be seen till now. Its popularity will grow and if you want to sell physical or digital stuff, it is the perfect one to start a new level of e-business. The part add-on is the presence of free SSL and several payment gateways.
• WP e-commerce is perfect for those who are not perfect to set up an e-commerce website without the help of WordPress web developers to speak with.
• It offers features to expand the store functionality with the add-ons. You’re able to choose one or two add-ons to keep your dashboard clean and simple.
• The WP e-commerce was not popular initially this was due to the problems with code, glitches, and poor support. But in the last few years this has improved, making it a decent solution to fit your needs.
3. Cart66 Cloud
Cart66 Cloud is managed by Reality66. It is a robust and secure plugin for WordPress e-commerce website. The best part is, all your website security is managed by the plugin itself and you have to think only about the business.
• The customer support team is always ready to assist in case of WordPress customization service and is one of the best in the business.
• Both free and premium e-commerce features are offered, so there’s no need to search around for and configure plugins.
• Much of the development task is already completed by the Cart66 team. This is a strong reason for the startups to consider this plugin for E-commerce website.
• Cart66 support selling for both physical and digital products. Thus a user can sell both eBooks and shoes at the same time without any trouble.
4. Jigoshop E-commerce
It is the first and the oldest plugin of the WordPress E-commerce plugins. The idea was to provide an e-solution to the users to turn their blog into an online store. All of the WordPress ecommerce plugins have been inspired by Jigoshop. The plugin has experienced some rebranding and extensive development updates in the last few years. The brand considers itself as one of the fastest and modern E-commerce plugins on the market.
• Jigoshop is an open-source, making it a perfect option for the businesses of all sizes. Startups can save money while big brands can hire WordPress developers for extreme customization.
• The theme store includes affordable and beautiful templates for different types of business enterprises.
• Most of the extensions available are cheaper than what you would have to pay with other plugins.
• There’s a large community support in terms of developers, so you can find documentation, videos, blogs and other support materials during online store development.
The Ecwid shopping cart has outstanding ratings with a setup similar to WooCommerce but is actually different. One of the main differences is the Ecwid implementation; it can be used on any website whether Drupal, Tumblr, Facebook, WordPress, and many more. On the other hand, the WooCommerce is limited to content management system only. Ecwid is less expensive than WooCommerce, and other WordPress ecommerce plugins, because it has a reasonable monthly payment plan. Not only that, the core plugin is free to avail and you’re getting more built-in features.
• All upgrades happen automatically, whereas most other WordPress plugins need a manual upgrade.
• Ecwid is PCI-DCC Certified making it completely secure for making online transactions. For other plugins on the list, PCI compliance needs to be attained from your hosting provider.
• Ecwid has a strong focus on helping you instantly sell from multiple sales channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a WordPress website good for eCommerce?
WordPress is widely used for ecommerce websites because of its smooth adaptability and competitiveness. WordPress doesn’t offer e-commerce functionality but it is easily added through an e-commerce plugin and themes.
2. How do I integrate E-commerce to WordPress?
The steps mentioned will ease the integration process.
Step 1: Choose your domain name and hosting provider.
Step 2: Select an E-commerce plugin.
Step 3: Install your plugin.
Step 4: Set up the product pages.
Step 5: Payment.
3. What is the best E-commerce plugin for WordPress?
Let’s take a look at the list of best WordPress E-commerce plugins:
• Easy Digital Downloads.
• iThemes Exchange.
• Cart66 Lite.
• WP Ecommerce.
4. What is an E-commerce plugin?
E-commerce plugins are made for selling goods on digital platform like eBooks, photos, music, etc. Others are better known for selling physical products that require shipping. If you want to run a drop-shipping business, then you’ll require an E-commerce solution offering better support for the drop-shipping.
There you have it! Those are the top WordPress ecommerce plugins to build an online selling platform. Hopefully, this helps you to select between the many options and boost your business the best you can. You can consult WordPress Development Company if you have any questions about the best WordPress ecommerce plugins. They will guide as well as help to build the best quality online selling store for your business. Share your requirements with them and get the top-rated service.