WordPress is considered as the most popular CMS for website development and this fact is not hidden from anyone. Over 35% of the websites are powered by this CMS. The level of flexibility and reliability it offers is completely incredible. While it is always a benefit to have a WordPress website, some websites are still based on HTML. Being a website owner, you might look for the ways of HTML to WordPress conversion. Having an HTML based website is perfectly fine but converting your site to WordPress is a great step to secure it for future hacks and malware.
Though there are multiple ways to perform the conversion there are two most properly used. The major challenge is to select one, and which is the best for them. Hence, in this blog, the user would come to know how they can convert HTML to WordPress, and which is the perfect approach for you.
What important points to check while conversion?
- Hosting Service: The user requires a hosting plan before making the conversion. For the HTML site, the hosting needs can be different. The user would require a hosting plan and it can be done locally or automatically.
- Code Editor: The user would need a code editor, for instance, Notepad++, Sublime, and Atom.
- Time and Investment: This is one of the most important factors that the user needs to consider. The user can alternatively hire WordPress developer for the task if proper funds are available and it automatically saves time.
What are the two ways to convert HTML to WordPress website?
If you wish to look for WordPress conversion manually, then it would need coding skills. To perform manual work it would require the user to access the website directory using the FTP and then use the current code. The user would have to create files and folders for the WordPress theme and then copy the code. This is a simple process for the users that are skilled with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
While the user works with the WordPress theme, it is very much obvious that it would not have all the capabilities a user is looking for. For instance, if the WordPress developers do not build the widget area or customize the menu options from the backend, then these features would be missing.
Steps involved in manual conversion
- Construct a folder and important files for the theme. The initial step is to create a new theme.
- The next step is to build the WordPress stylesheet to copy the existing website CSS.
- Next, slice the current HTML into multiple pieces to put CMS together.
- The header would next transfer the request for style sheet from HTML to WordPress.
There are many tools used for the conversion work. Many people have static HTML websites but are looking to make a shift. For such people WordPress web development company is a complete savior. In addition to that, here are some of the tools available that would make the task of conversion easy. The user would be able to shift their content from HTML to WordPress.
- CMS2CMS Plugin
This is the most recommended and popular plugin that helps in shifting the content from HTML to WordPress. It is free to avail, the plugin ultimately executes the content from the open-source platform and is SEO compatible as well. Not only this, but it allows the migration of images and videos present. The plugin offers the user an average of 15 minutes of complete migration.
- HTML to WordPress
The user can move the content from HTML to WordPress using this plugin as well, but before that compressing of all the files and folders in a zip file is required. Next need to upload it on the website. That will help a user to see the preview of the website and move ahead with the task.
- CMS2CMS Plugin
To stay competitive in the market, WordPress requires multiple plugins for installation. Unfortunately, these plugins influence the script’s efficiency and also in a wrong manner. Among hundreds of plugins that WordPress includes most of them have clones available. It means that any functionality can be customized by different plugins that are developed by different authors. Hence, it is time-consuming when choosing the right one.
Steps involved in the automated conversion
- Open the WP dashboard
- Check the option that says “Add new”
- Type and search for the plugin, install it and then activate it
- Open the settings and then try to configure
- This provides multiple options to the user for destination URLs and delivery methods
Now that you have information on each and every step related to both methods, you would be able to identify which one approach is appropriate for you. Although the decision completely depends on the requirement and the budget. But experts suggest manual is the best option for HTML to WordPress conversion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I embed HTML code into WordPress?
Log in to the WordPress dashboard and create a new post from the left sidebar. Enter the text or images as per your need and then place the cursor at the position in which you prefer to embed your HTML code. Click the Text tab at the top of the page.
- Can you integrate WordPress into a website?
You can easily convert it into anything and integrate it with any PHP website. You can even set the level of integration. For instance, you want to showcase the latest blog posts on your website’s homepage. Your website is based on PHP and WordPress blog is installed in another folder.
How do I optimize my WordPress website?
- Choose a Quality Hosting Plan.
- Always Keep Your Plugins, Themes, and WordPress Itself Updated.
- Implement Caching to Reduce the Number of Requests Your Site Handles.
- Use Image Optimization to Make Your Media Files Smaller.
- Minify and Compress Your Website’s Files.
- Alternatively, hire WordPress speed optimization service provider for better results.
At the end of the day, all the user needs is an appealing and innovative website that can drive audience and revenue to them. Choosing between the two depends completely on the business requirements and needs. It is clear that manual shifting of your HTML website to a WordPress website is a better option. Thus hiring a WordPress developer and customizing it according to your needs is what you require.